Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Time well spent

Recently finished reading 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' and absolutely feel in love with the book and the author. Not only was a page turner and forced me to give up all things social for every evening until I finished it, it was an emotional roller coaster which I feel like I am still on even days after having read the last page. The patience, the endurance, the inhumane torture, the crazy cultural norms...all felt so far away and unreal until I read the piece about 9/11 which is still so current, so real, so close, having moved to NY a few short days before the incident..very moving and humbling.

Did you have the chance to be part of Miriam and Laila's life story? If not, I highly recommend it. Another good read is Kite Runner also by Khaled Hosseini.

No comments: